2020 Community Conservation Program
The Clinton County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) would like to provide funding for conservation projects for educational purposes or resource protection through schools, organizations and educational institutions. The projects can be far ranging in ideas, but must be ones that have tangible outcomes (i.e. miles of hiking trails, native trees and shrubs installed, etc.).
Project proposals should be related to conservation and/or conservation education. Some examples could include; educational trail construction; educational signage/brochure, native wildflower plantings, wildflower gardens, installation of a rain garden, agriculture, construction/installation of habitat for wildlife or possibly the purchase of an educational model. A successful project should be fully completed (i.e. constructed, Implemented and functioning) prior to paperwork submitted for reimbursement.
We have funds in hand for several projects this season. Award requests may not exceed $1,000. We look forward to working with organizations to put conservation projects into motion.
Examples of eligible projects:
• Removal of exotic and invasive plants
• Educational signage species identification in parks or along trails
• Installation of a pollinator garden
• Purchase of equipment to maintain hiking trails
• Purchase of rain barrels and compost bins
• Purchas of materials and plants to improve trails
• Purchase of a plant press for education/ herbarium
• Construction of a classroom aquaponics system
• Funding for an environmental education conference
• Construction of a portable greenhouse
• Purchase of and training on highway road maintenance equipment
• Rain Garden installation
• Equipment for agriculture best management practices
• Water quality testing equipment
If you have an idea for a project, but are not sure if it is the right fit, please call us. The District is driven to support projects that are “shovel ready” to help promote the goals of conservation in the community. The District can work with elementary and high schools, libraries, food pantries, colleges, highway departments, and youth programs. We look forward to working with your organization as well.