Conservation Services & Machinery Rental
The District offers services and machinery to benefit conservation efforts in Clinton County.
In 2013, the District purchased a Great Plains No-Till Drill for use by area farmers and landowners to reduce the amount of tillage necessary for seeding pastures, hay fields and cover crops.
No Till Drill Rental $15.00/acre
Pick Up & Delivery Fee Combined: $30.00
- Beyond 30 miles; $1/per mile
- Drill has 2 seed boxes- Small seed box for alfalfa, clover, timothy, etc.
- Large seed box for cover crops, SxS, large seed grasses
- Great Plains 10′ Drill Operators Manual
- Great Plains 10′ Drill Seed Rate Book
- 800 Gallon Hydroseeder is available for conservation seeding. It can be an economical way to cover large areas, or sites where traditional seeding is difficult. $250 per tank includes 1 operator, conservation mix seed, mulch, & fertilizer We can assist with recommendations.
- 1 tank full will do about 1/4 acre.
- A 3 PTH tree planter is available for conservation planting of trees and shrubs.
Research & Technical Assistance Fee: $40.00/hour $20.00 minimum
Tile Layout: $150 min, $.05 per foot
Hydro Seeding $250.00/tank
Tree Trucking: $7.00 per bag
- Tree Planter Rental: $50 minimum, $50/1000 trees
- Pick Up & Delivery Fee Combined: $50.00
Soil Testing: $10/sample for Agro-One basic test
- Sampling can be done by technician if AEM participant.
Returned Check Fee: $50