Conservation Services & Machinery Rental
The District offers services and machinery to benefit conservation efforts in Clinton County.
In 2013, the District purchased a Great Plains No-Till Drill for use by area farmers and landowners to reduce the amount of tillage necessary for seeding pastures, hay fields and cover crops.
No Till Drill Rental $15.00/acre
Pick Up & Delivery Fee Combined: $30.00
- Beyond 30 miles; $1/per mile
- Drill has 2 seed boxes- Small seed box for alfalfa, clover, timothy, etc.
- Large seed box for cover crops, SxS, large seed grasses
- Requires about 60 hp, dual acting rear remote hydraulics, 13’+ wide gates
- Great Plains 10′ Drill Operators Manual
- Great Plains 10′ Drill Seed Rate Book
- Wheatheart Post Pounder This trailer mounted post pounder was purchased in 2018 and is powered by a Honda motor. It is the High and Heavy Hitter model and can drive posts that are up to 12” in diameter and 11’10” long. The drive has a 54” stroke and is very adjustable and easy to use. Weighs over 2,500 pounds and can be used with a truck or tractor. This is a handy tool if you are working alone or don’t have a tractor. Use to build livestock fence for better grazing, fencing out streams, vineyard or orchard trellis posts.
- Rental fee will be $25/day or $100/week
- Proof of insurance will be required
- contact District for more details
- 800 Gallon Hydroseeder is available for conservation seeding. It can be an economical way to cover large areas, or sites where traditional seeding is difficult. $250 per tank includes 1 operator, conservation mix seed, mulch, & fertilizer We can assist with recommendations.
- 1 tank full will do about 1/4 acre.
- A 3 PTH tree planter is available for conservation planting of trees and shrubs.
Research & Technical Assistance Fee: $40.00/hour $20.00 minimum
Tile Layout: $150 min, $.05 per foot
Hydro Seeding $250.00/tank
Tree Trucking: $7.00 per bag
- Tree Planter Rental: $50 minimum, $50/1000 trees
- Pick Up & Delivery Fee Combined: $50.00
Soil Testing: $10/sample for Agro-One basic test
- Sampling can be done by technician if AEM participant.
Returned Check Fee: $50