2018 Summer Job Opportunity
The Clinton County Soil & Water Conservation District is currently seeking an individual with a background and interest in agriculture and natural resource conservation. The position will provide an opportunity to learn about natural resource conservation as well as become familiar with the various activities of the Conservation District. This position is designed to provide training and experience for possible future full time employment.
Typical work activities will include:
- Assist staff with hydro-seeding and implementation of roadside erosion control
- Assist staff with site reviews, field surveying, evaluation of stream erosion
- Culvert assessment for aquatic connectivity
- Assist staff with tree planting and other conservation projects
- Evaluating farming practices as they relate to water quality and land
- Data input on GIS and computer processing software to report on surveys
- Office duties including but not limited to: filing, data collection and data
- Assist the District Manager and District Technician as needed
Qualifications: Completion of one year of college with 6 credit hours in: Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Agricultural Science & Technology, Civil/Environmental Engineering or Planning, or at least one year experience in a natural resource related job.
Special Requirement: Possession of an valid NYS Driver’s license at the time of application.
Position is a seasonal position: late May-August, maximum of 12 weeks
Rate of Pay: $12.00 per hour.
Official Job Description: Conservation District Intern
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applicants will be required to fill out complete Civil Service application and provide a copy of drivers license and unofficial copy of transcripts prior to hiring.
Questions… please call: 561-4616 ext. 3. or email